The yogurt production equipment provided by our company is improved on the basis of fully absorbing the advanced technology at home and abroad. The technology of the small scale yoghurt production line is also applicable to the aseptic production and processing of many products in the field of fruit and vegetable juice, mineral water, and pharmaceuticals.
What is yogurt?
Yogurt is a kind of fermented dairy product with high nutritional value and special flavor, made from milk and fermented by lactic acid bacteria. It is also a food with certain health effects.
Classification of yogurt
- According to the organization’s state or production method of the product, it can be divided into curdled yogurt and stirred yogurt.
- We can also classify whole yogurt and skim yogurt according to the different fat content in the raw materials.
- According to the type of bacteria, it can be divided into common yogurt, bifidobacterium yogurt, Lactobacillus acidophilus yogurt and Lactobacillus casei yogurt.
- According to the product, the taste can be divided into natural pure yogurt, flavored yogurt, sweetened yogurt, etc.
The production process of coagulated yogurt
Raw milk acceptance and purification → standardization → concentration → preheating → homogenization → sterilization → cooling → adding ferment → filling → constant temperature incubation → cooling, post-ripening → finished product
Key points in the production process of the yogurt processing line
Acceptance of raw milk
- The total dry matter content of fresh milk should be greater than or equal to 11.5%. And the non-fat dry matter should be greater than or equal to 8.5%. Otherwise, it will affect the gel effect of protein.
- There shall be no antibiotic residues.
- Acidity ≤ 18°T.
The main raw materials for yogurt production
- Sugar and fruit materials
5-8% of sucrose or glucose is often added in the production of sour milk.
- Skim milk powder
Requirements: high quality, no antibiotics, and preservatives.
Purpose: To increase the dry matter content; improve the tissue state of the product; to promote acid production by lactic acid bacteria. General addition amount: 1-1.5%
Purpose: To increase solids content and promote fermentation coagulation.
Method: Concentration under reduced pressure
Preheating and homogenization
Preheating purpose: to improve the homogenization effect. 55-60 degrees. Homogenization purpose: to maintain the stability of the mixture. Homogenization conditions: 15-20 MP.
Sterilization and cooling
Sterilization is to kill all pathogenic bacteria in raw milk as well as most of the miscellaneous bacteria. And sterilization can improve the hydration of the proteins in the milk.
Cooling temperature after sterilization: 43-45 degrees.
Fermenting agent and inoculation
Inoculation amount: 1-3%.
Factors affecting the amount of inoculation
- Incubation temperature and time during fermentation.
- Acid production capacity of the fermenting agent.
- Cooling speed of the product.
- The quality of milk.
Containers: porcelain jars, glass bottles, plastic bottles, cartons, etc.
Filling methods: manual filling, semi-automatic filling machine, automatic filling machine, etc. Yogurt filling machine can help you to beat and improve the filling speed.
Fermentation: yogurt fermentation tank
Cultivation temperature: determined by the strain and ratio used.’
Cultivation time: short time cultivation: 41-42 degrees, 3 hours. Long-time incubation: 30-37 degrees, 8-10 hours.
Influencing factors: inoculum amount, activity of fermentor, incubation temperature.
Conditions: 3-5 degrees. 5 degrees is the lower limit of mold and yeast growth
- inhibit the growth of lactic acid bacteria, reduce the activity of enzymes and prevent excessive acid production
- Reduce the speed of fat floating and whey precipitation to prolong the shelf life
- Promote the production of aroma substances
Refrigeration and post-ripening
Conditions: 2-7 degrees, 12-24 hours.
At Taizy Food Machinery, we have a full set of the small scale yoghurt production line and yogurt production equipment for sale. If you need, please feel free to contact us.