Tapioca balls are also called boba balls, pearl balls, tapioca balls and so on. Because of its smooth and sweet taste, many people like to eat it. It is often used in milk tea and desserts.
Table of Contents
Raw materials for making pearl balls
Generally speaking, the raw materials for making pearl balls are tapioca flour, sweet potato flour, potato flour, etc., but it is more common in the market today to use tapioca flour to make pearl balls. Many people worry that the tapioca ball purchased in the market will contain a lot of additives such as colorants and preservatives, so they want to make pearl balls by themselves. In this article, we will show you how to make tapioca ball.
- First, boil the water over high heat, then put in an appropriate amount of brown sugar. The purpose of using brown sugar is to adjust the color of tapioca ball. If you don’t need to color, use white granulated sugar.
- After brown sugar melts, ceasefire. Then add tapioca flour, remember to stir while using chopsticks. After the temperature drops, knead the flour into dough with your hands.
- Squeeze the dough, cut into small pieces, and knead into balls. Note that the diameter should not be too large.
- Put the balls in the water and boil, then cook on low heat for 15-20 minutes, then cover the pot for 20 minutes.
- Take out the tapioca ball with a colander, rinse it with cold water several times until the pearl balls do not stick to each other, and you can put it into use.
Tips for making tapioca ball:
- Don’t make the fire too hot when you cook it. In this case, it will be easy to boil the pearl ball and it will not taste chewy.
- Stir the pearl balls once every three to five minutes during cooking to avoid sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- During the cooking process, continuously add water to keep the soup clear, so as to avoid the phenomenon of stickiness in the cooked rice balls.
Of course, this method is not suitable for large-scale production of pearl balls. If you want to make a lot of pearl balls at one time, you can use our tapioca ball making machine. You can make the raw materials by yourself, absolutely clean and without food adding.